I am Bellebaby from Sugar Land, Texas
Attached please find a photo of me on the aft Navigation deck of the Volendam while sailing through Tracy Arm. Also attached is a photo of my Mother and I above the Bridge during the sailing. Finally, attached is a photo of the Volendam in Skagway.
1) What was your first cruise on HAL? (ship, destination/itinerary, when)
2) What was your most recent cruise on HAL? (ship, destination/itinerary, when)
Our most recent HAL cruise was on the Westerdam in May, 2008 sailing R/T from Seattle to Glacier Bay, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchican, and Victoria. On that cruise, we made some lifelong friends from the Cruise Critic Roll Call.
3) Favorite thing about HAL currently available on the ships (if something like Tamarind, only available on Eurodam, that’s fine… just don’t list something that used to be onboard and is no longer)?
Wrap-around Promenade Deck. Perfect for getting some fresh air and exercise on those long, leisurely sea days.
4) Favorite port of call anywhere on earth you’ve seen because of a HAL cruise, and why?
Tracy Arm, Alaska. Many people prefer Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier because they are larger or because the ships often don’t reach the Sawyer Glaciers. I fell in love with the quiet beauty of Tracy Arm. I never tire of it’s beauty and my heart loves to be there. Last year while sailing on the Westerdam, we took a small boat excursion from Juneau to Tracy Arm. It was a long, cold, wet day, but one of the most memorable days of my life. We were so close to the glacier, the waterfalls, and the wildlife. Truly a snapshot to remember.
5) Your dream itinerary, regardless of fuel/logistics? (this means if you want to see Beijing on Day 1, Kenya on Day 2, Antartica for days 3-6, and end in New York City Day 7, that’s fine!) Just make it sea ports… No cruises to Tuscon, Denver or Mexico City! )
Day 1 and 2 – Paris, France
Day 3 – Edinburgh, Scotland
Day 4 – Shetland Islands, UK
Day 5 – Alesund, Norway
Day 6 – Geiranger, Norway
Day 7 – Hellesylt, Norway
Day 8 – Belfast, Ireland
Day 9 – Dublin, Ireland
Day 10 – Waterford, Ireland
Day 11, 12, and 13 Rome, Italy
Day 14 – Portofino, Italy
Day 15 – Amalfi/Positano, Italy
Day 16 – Sorrento/Capri, Italy
Day 17 – Corfu, Greece
Day 18 – Venice, Italy
You’ve painted an excellent picture for me regarding Tracy Arm. Although not a cruise I’ve mentioned on here, I will be going to Alaska in May and one of the stops is through Tracy Arm, conditions permitting. I hope they do permit. If so, I’ll provide some images of my visit to provide you with an ‘update’